Let’s face it: Cleaning can be a daunting task. And keeping things clean is even worse.
This month I will be sharing a few spring cleaning posts, to help inspire you to dust off those cob webs, open up the blinds & let the sunshine in. If you are like me, you need motivation to conquer such a large set of tasks & thats what I hope to do this month. Join me today, as I share my Spring Cleaning Plan. But before we begin cleaning, I want to share some tips on how you can get prepared for the week ahead. Happy cleaning!
Getting prepared for a week of spring cleaning:
Some overall tips to get you started:
Set a timer for the amount of time you’re going to clean — you’ll be surprised at how much you can actually get done in five minutes. Even better, put on your favorite song! Turn the volume up high and set your phone’s sleep timer to stop playing the music after one, five, or ten minutes (depending on how much time you have). Remember: You don’t need to try to deep-clean everything.
That’s because this challenge isn’t simply about the results — it’s about creating new healthy habits for your home. Cleaning is not a set of ideals to aspire to, a standard of perfection to achieve. This is a mindfulness practice, and if you are cleaning or decluttering mindfully, you have already arrived.
Oh, and if any of the steps don’t apply to you (if you don’t have a dishwasher, for example), just spend some extra time on one of the other steps. Or, sign up for our daily newsletter reminders to get an exclusive bonus round suggestion for each day!
And, we’re off!
1. I make sure I am all stocked up on my cleaners. For my spring cleaning, I typically use Basic Cleaner which is an all purpose cleaner, window cleaner, and degreaser in one. I only use non-toxic cleaners in my home. (Cleaning with toxic cleaners does more harm than good). I place the cleaners in my caddy, along with trash bags & rags.
2. Stock up on trash bags, paper towels or rags, and candles (I always have a candle burning & the music up loud, while I clean).
3. Make a week of dinners ahead of time, because you will not have the time or the energy to cook when you are spring cleaning.
4. Organize your cleaning schedule (type or write it out & put on a clipboard), matching days to tasks. I try to have my spring cleaning complete in one week. It takes an additional week to clean the outside of my home (power-washing, wash window screens, weeding, preparing the garden, cleaning out the terraces & Balconies, cleaning out the car, etc.)
Spring cleaning checklist:
Things u will need :-
1. Spray bottle (with 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water solution)
2. Microfiber cloth
3. Socks (cotton or microfiber work best)
4. Plastic bags
7. White vinegar
8. Magic Erasers
9. Rubber band
11. Dryer sheets (used work best)
12. Antibacterial all-purpose cleaner (APC)
13. Paper towels
So Lets begin our spring cleaning !!
- Clean all walls, windows & mirrors (spraying everything with Basic Cleaner eliminates the need for a bucket of water & cleaner)
- Clean all glass surfaces
- Wipe down electronics
- Wash all curtains (including shower curtains)
- Wash all bedding (including quilts & pillows)
- Flip mattresses
- Empty all trash cans, clean and sanitize them.
- Clean the kitchen:
- Clear the entire counter top and sanitize
- Wipe out & organize all cabinets. Throw out old food and dishes you no longer use.
- Wipe off the top of fridge
- Dust fridge coils
- Clean out fridge and freezer
- Clean out oven (including vents)
- Clean microwave
- Sanitize the sink and garbage disposer
- Wipe down all appliances.
- Change all filters ( water filtration)
- Polish all furniture in house (and wax if needed)
- Clean toilets, sinks, medicine cabinets and showers
- Vacuum out couches & chairs
- Wash couch cushions
- Vacuum and mop all floors
- Wash rugs
- Cleanall carpets
- Replace all smoke detector batteries( optional)
- Replace burnt out lightbulbs
- Rest because next week its time to head outside!!
Extra chores you can do this week:
- Switch out winter wardrobe to spring
- Oil change in car (fill fluids, check belts, install new wipers)
- Clean out car (Shampoo floors, mats & seats, leather conditioner)
- Clean out vacuum cleaner
- Clean out dog kennel
- Reseal grout lines & rechaulk
- Clean out email box
- Clean out your wallet/purse/backpack
- Clean the lint trap in the dryer
I hope this spring cleaning checklist will help u as they do to me !
Until next time Happy cleaning !